CHINESE TOURISTS with Valid Passport, (including tourists from Hong Kong SAR and Macao SAR), you may obtain Gratis Tourist Visa those may also obtain Gratis Tourist visa on arrival at all immigration entry points of Nepal.
You may wish to obtain tourist visa from nearest Nepalese Embassies or Consulates General or Honorary Consulates, whichever you find accessible.
Tourist Visa (Obtaining in Hong Kong)
Tourists, who wish to obtain Tourist Visa from the Consulate General of Nepal in Hong Kong, are requested to note as follows:
- Visa Hours/Working Days
- Visa Application Hours: 9.30 am – 12.30 noon, Monday to Friday except on public holidays.
- Visa Collection Hours: 9.30 am – 12.30 noon, Monday to Friday except on public holidays.
- Please refer to Other Public Holidays in “About Us” Section
- Requirements to obtain Visa in the Consulate General in Hong Kong:
The tourist visas are normally provided within 24 hours upon the submission of the visa application form to the Consulate.
- All foreign nationals, except Indian nationals, are required visa to enter Nepal.
- Fill Online Visa application in this link;(Fill Online Visa application).After submitting the form, kindly print or download the generated slip and send it to the email ‘email@example.com’ for the appointment.
- After sending the email, kindly wait for the reply in the email for the appointment date.
- Valid passport or Travel Document: which should remain valid at least for six months from the date of entry into Nepal.
- Multiple Entry Visa
- 15 days – HK$ 250
- 30 days – HK$ 400
- 90 days – HK$ 1000
- Payment of Visa fees (except tourists holding passports of SAARC countries)
(Note: Additional 200 HKD for Urgent Service in each type of visa)
- Once the visa is issued, it will not be amended, re-validated and visa fees will not be refunded.
- Personal cheques and credit cards are not accepted for visa fees.
- Visitors may also obtain tourist visa at following arrival points in Nepal:
- Tribhubhan International Airport (TIA), Kathmandu
- Belhiya, Bhairahawa
- Visa fees at arrival points: 15 days=30 USD, 30 days=50 USD, 90 days=125 USD.
- If applicant wishes to obtain visa on arrival, two pp sized photographs should be presented.
- Visiting Nepal for the second time or more within a visa year will be issued a 30 Days Visa (Multiple) provided the previous stay did not exceed 120 days.
- Visa once issued cannot be withdrawn, visa fee cannot be refunded after visa is issued, and it must be used within six months from the date of issue.
- Gratis Tourist Visa
Gratis visa will be issued to:
- Passport holders of SAARC Countries.
- Passport Holders of People’s Republic of China and The Hong Kong and Macao SAR of People’s Republic of China (Since January 1st 2016)
- There will be no charge for children under 10 years. However, visa is required.
- Tourist visa may also be obtained at any of the following entry points: Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu; Biratnagar (Jogbani), Birgunj (Raxaul), Bhairahawa (Sunauli) and Kakarbhitta (Panitanki) along Nepal-India border and Kodari and Rasuwagadhi at Nepal-China border.
- Tourist traveling on a short duration visas can get them extended if they so desire. The Department of Immigration, Kathmandu and Pokhara Immigration Office extend visas.
- Tourists carrying more than US $5,000.00 or equivalent foreign currency are requested to declare in the Custom Declaration Form at the time of arrival in Nepal.
(Visa fee for Chinese Citizens has been waived from 1st January 2016)
(Children under the age of 10 shall have a visit visa free of cost except the US Citizens)
4. Other information for the Tourists
Tourist Visa (On Arrival at Kathmandu Airport)
Tourists, who wish to obtain Tourist Visa from Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu, are requested to note as follows:
- All foreign nationals, except Indian nationals, are required visa to enter to Nepal.
- Fill up Visa application Form affixing one recent Photo on it.
- Valid passport or Travel Document, which should remain valid at least for six months from the date of entry into Nepal.
- Payment of Visa fees ( except tourists holding passports SAARC countries)Multiple Entry Visa
- 15 days – US$ 30
- 30 days – US$ 50
- 90 days – US$ 125
Visa fee for Chinese Citizens has been waived from 1st January 2016)
Personal cheques and credit cards are not accepted for visa fees.
- Visiting Nepal for the second time or more within a visa year will be issued upto 30 Days Visa (Single or Multiple) provided the previous stay did not exceed 150 days.
- Gratis Tourist Visa Gratis visa will be issued to: Chinese Citizens (Including passport holders of Hong Kong SAR and Macau SAR) and Passport holders of SAARC Countries except Afganistan (30-day multiple once in a visa year).
Travel Document holders should apply for a tourist visa at the Nepalese Embassy/Consulate.
Six months from the date of issue. The validity of visa dates is counted from the date of arrival in Nepal.
A tourist visa can be extended from the Department of Immigration and Pokhara Immigration Office for a period of not exceeding 150 days in a year. Over the course of a visa year, a tourist cannot stay in Nepal more than cumulative 150 days.
Tourist Visa — Fee Structure
|A||1. Chinese Citizens (Including passport holders of Hong Kong SAR and Macau SAR)
2. Holders of passports of SAARC countries (Pakistan, Bhutan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Maldives) except Afganistan
3. Children under 10 years
|Gratis (30 – day multiple entries once in a visa year)
|B||Fee Structure Applicable in Hong Kong
4. 15 – day multiple entries
5. 30 – day multiple entries
6. 90 – day multiple entries
7. HK$ 250
8. HK$ 400
9. HK$ 1000
|C||Fee Structure Applicable in Kathmandu
10. 15 – day multiple entries
11. 30 – day multiple entries
12. 90 – day multiple entries
13. US$ 30
14. US$ 50
15. US$ 125
Information for Indian Citizens
Indian citizens are allowed to make travel in Nepal on the basis of the following document:
- Passport, or
- Driving license with photograph, or
- Identity card with photograph issued by a governmental body, or
- Ration card with photograph, or
- Voter identity card with photograph, or
- Registration certificate issued by the Indian embassy to the Indian citizen staying in Nepal, or
- Ad hoc/temporary identity card issued by the Indian embassy to the Indian citizen in the event of exigency, or
- Document with photograph and setting out identity, issued by the sub-divisional magistrate or authority there above.
No Visa on Arrival:
Nationals of following countries do not get visa on arrival at the immigration entry points of Nepal:
However, those holding Diplomatic/Official Passports can get on arrival visa with the submission of documents verifying the program of visit, invitation letter and the letter stating pre-approval of on arrival visa among others.
Visa on Travel Documents
On- arrival visa is not issued to the holders of Travel Document. Those holding valid Travel Documents and seeking visa to Nepal can, however apply to the Consulate with following documents:
- Visa Application form duly filled in and affixed with a recently taken photograph.
- Copy of Travel Document with at least six months validity.
- Sponsorship letter from the Sponsor addressed to the Consulate.
- Copy of the Nepalese Citizenship Certificate of the Sponsor.
- Documents verifying the nationality of the applicant before holding the Travel Document.
- Any other document as deemed necessary by the Consulate.