- Duly filled Citizenship renouncement form (Form available in the Consulate General Office or Download Form).
- Nepalese Citizenship Certificate (Original and photocopy)
- Nepalese Passport (Original and photocopy)
- Minor Identity Card (If any)
- Birth Registration Certificate
- Copy of BNO passport (if any)
- Letter issued from UK Home office (from UK Visas and Immigration Liverpool) or from Immigration Department of Hong Kong SAR (for Hong Kong Passport)
- Copy of Citizenship Certificate of Applicant’s Parents.
- Parent’s Marriage Certificate (for children below 16 years age).
- Copy of Hong Kong Identity Card.
- Fee: 400 HKD.
SENDING A MORTAL REMAINS TO NEPAL
Nepalese, who wish to send mortal remains (deceased body) to Nepal, has to submit an application at the Consulate General along with the following documents:
- Citizenship certificate and passport of the deceased body.
- Certificate of Registration of Deaths issued by Birth and Death Registry of Hong Kong.
- Certificate of Order authorizing burial of body.
- Permit of removal of dead body from Hong Kong.
- Certificate of Embalmment stating that the deceased body has been fully embalmed and the remains are in a thoroughly sanitary condition for removal in Kathmandu.
- Letter of “To Whom It May Concerned” mentioning the details about dead body.
- Fee: Free of Charge.
ENQUIRIES FROM IMMIGRATION DEPARTMENT OF HONG KONG
Verification of Documents from Immigration Department of Hong Kong SAR
The Consulate General of Nepal occasionally receives, among other things, queries with regard to verification of authenticity of documents submitted by the Nepalese for obtaining visas in Hong Kong. In this regard, the Consulate General would like to notify to the concerned Nepalese as follows:
- Documents issued in Nepal are duly sent to the relevant issuing authorities in Nepal for verification through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Singhadurbar, Kathmandu.
- The Consulate General also notifies to the Immigration Department of Hong Kong SAR as soon as these documents are forwarded to Nepal.
- The Consulate General also continuously follows up such matters from time to time with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to expedite the matters from relevant agencies in Nepal.
- Once replies from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs are received, the Consulate General duly writes to the Immigration Department of Hong Kong SAR.
Please note that the Consulate General of Nepal is obliged to send the information to the Immigration Department of Hong Kong SAR as it is as received from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Kathmandu. The Consulate does not/cannot change or hold or amend or interpret otherwise of such information received from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
TO GET RECOMMENDATION LETTER FOR ‘NO CRIMINAL CONVICTION’
- An application (Application is available at the Office or Download Application Form).
- Nepalese Passport (Original and photocopy).
- Copy of Nepalese Citizenship Certificate.
- Hong Kong Identity Card (Original and photocopy).
- Fee: 400 HKD (Regular process-2 working days).
Additional 400 HKD (Urgent process-1 working day).